Full-time, permanent contract
TWi is an exciting, high-growth company of technical content creators and consultants supporting leading technology and life sciences companies to create the ideal user experience for their customers.
As knowledge transfer professionals, we are experts in technical writing, eLearning, translation and localization, content strategy and information for emerging technologies.
Our team members enjoy an admirable benefits package, an open and communicative culture, and opportunities to contribute, learn, grow, and flourish every day in a dynamic environment. We’ve championed flexible working arrangements, including varied work-from-home options, from our beginning. TWi was founded on the principle that all communication, no matter how technical, is about people. We put that into practice by making sure that everyone on our team is valued, included, and supported.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what makes TWi a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally to our colleagues and our customers.
- Teamwork – we support and work for each other.
- Integrity – we keep our promises.
- Quality – we are dedicated to excellence.
- Customer focused – we create value for our customers.
- Making a difference – we care.
- Measured risk taking – we learn from successes and failures.
We are looking for an instructional designer to join our team on a full-time, contract basis. The successful candidate will become an integral part of one of our project teams and report directly to a team lead. We are looking for an instructional designer who is ideas-driven, comes from a teaching or training background, and is passionate about making learning an invigorating and empowering experience. Instructional designers can expect to work with subject matter experts and to use a diverse range of formats and multimedia production platforms. Other responsibilities include developing learning objectives, rewriting and reshaping content, and developing assessments.
The responsibilities listed here are intended as general guidelines. Other tasks may be assigned from time to time depending on business needs.
Primary tasks include:
- Develop and design courses and curriculum
- Develop and document learning objectives
- Edit and develop online learning materials
- Create learning experiences and environments
- Design learning activities, assignments, and assessments
- Create computer-based training (CBT) modules and storyboards
- Create documentation and instructional content for our clients that is:
- High quality and focused on defined documentation objectives
- In accordance with any required client styles and standards and guidelines
- Appropriate for the applicable target audience and industry sector
- Based on input and sign-off from subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Developed using a range of cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Delivered on time and according to client deadlines
- Assist in editing documentation for other instructional designers and information developers
- Contribute to internal company projects
- Assist in training newer team members when appropriate
- Undertake training on new tools and processes as required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience developing course curriculum and materials
- Relevant training, or third level qualification in instructional design, technical writing, English, or a related discipline
- Experience using Articulate Rise or Storyline or an equivalent content authoring tool
- Knowledge of instructional theory, including assessment
- Proficiency with learning management systems (LMS)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey technical information to non-technical colleagues and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Ability to identify and resolve problems using own initiative where appropriate
- Flexible, proactive, and displays a can-do attitude
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to manage and report on assigned tasks in accordance with agreed priorities
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new tools as required and familiar with social media platforms
- A general knowledge of the industry, and open to learning about new areas quickly
- Commitment to understanding and applying quality processes
- Ability to explain concepts clearly and concisely
Closing Date for Applications
Thursday, 30 November 2021