TWi is an exciting, high-growth company of technical content creators and consultants supporting leading technology and life sciences companies to create the ideal user experience for their customers.
As knowledge transfer professionals, we are experts in:
- Technical Writing
- Translation and Localization
- Technical Writing Training
- Technical Writing for Emerging Technologies
- Content Strategy
Our team members enjoy an admirable benefits package, an open and communicative culture, and opportunities to contribute, learn, grow, and flourish every day in a dynamic environment. From our beginning, we’ve championed flexible working arrangements, including varied work-from-home options. TWi was founded on the principle that all communication, no matter how technical, is about people. We put that into practice by making sure that everyone on our team is valued, included, and supported.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what makes TWi a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally to our colleagues and our customers.
- Teamwork – we support and work for each other.
- Integrity – we keep our promises.
- Quality – we are dedicated to excellence.
- Customer focused – we create value for our customers.
- Making a difference – we care.
- Measured risk taking – we learn from successes and failures.
Remote and flexible working arrangements available
We are looking for a Senior Information Developer to join our team on a full-time, contract basis. The successful candidate will report directly to a team lead. They will be expected to work independently and manage projects on their own, as well as support project leads in coordinating larger, multi-resource projects. They will take on responsibility for the more complex documentation tasks that arise on projects and liaise with clients and SMEs. A vital part of their role will be the sharing of knowledge and experience with the team to upskill more junior information developers. The successful candidate will work on a variety of project types, including end user software content and developer documentation.
The responsibilities listed here are intended as general guidelines. Other tasks may be assigned from time to time depending on business needs.
Primary tasks include:
- Create content for our clients that is:
- High quality and focused on defined documentation objectives
- In accordance with any required client styles and standards and guidelines
- Appropriate for the applicable target audience and industry sector
- Based on input and sign-off from subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Developed using a range of cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Delivered on time and according to client deadlines
- Act as project manager on multi-resource projects
- Peer edit documentation for other information developers
- Contribute to internal company projects
- Undertake and lead training on new tools and processes as required
- Mentor junior and intermediate team members when appropriate
- Lead quality and continuous improvement efforts
- Contribute to the development and presentation of internal/external formal training material
- Support team leads in the management and execution of client projects
- Maintain open communication with clients and SMEs
- Assist team leads to scope and estimate projects
- Provide weekly project reports to team lead and clients
- Third level qualification in technical writing, English, IT, or a related discipline
- Excellent written and spoken English
- At least five years’ practical experience of working in a technical writing/information development environment, preferably in the software industry
- Some experience with at least one programming language
- At least three years’ experience working directly with project stakeholders (internal and external)
- High quality broadband connection and other required infrastructure to support working from home
- Strong presentation, relationship-building, and communication skills
- Ability to allocate time and resources appropriately even when faced with multiple demands and competing priorities using strong planning and organisational skills
- A willingness to take responsibility for establishing and achieving team goals, and ensuring that they are aligned with the organisation’s strategy and mission
- A keen interest in industry trends, a thorough understanding of commonly used authoring tools and technologies, and a willingness to learn new ones when required
- An understanding of industry challenges and their implication for clients and their customers
- Needs minimal editing and can draw from disparate sources of information to present concepts and tasks in a clear way
- Can peer edit at a structural and information design level
- Can resolve complex problems that require in-depth analysis
- Ability to provide the required support and direction when mentoring
- Capable of taking on management tasks like scheduling and task coordination for projects, with management support as needed
- Ability to assess and maintain client satisfaction
- Ability to verbally communicate learning concepts to trainees in accordance with prepared material
- Works to achieve high quality results on all projects and tasks
We are interested to know if you have some experience with any of the following subjects:
- Developing in-app or embedded software help
- Writing API documentation
- Working knowledge of JSON
- Machine learning and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Thursday, 30 September 2021